This post was originally published here.
I just heard of a new project on CodePlex, TfsBuildLab. It looks like it performs a lot of the build features Orcas will provide, and it lets you do it with Team Build 2005:
- Continuous integration builds
- Scheduled builds
- Build queuing
- Build cleanup/retention policies
- Event notifications
The TfsBuildLab project is broken into 4 separate components:
- Houses the scheduling and queuing data
- Queues builds
- Executes manual builds
- Executes scheduled builds
- Admin client
- Configures build schedules, etc.
- Notification client
- Notifies clients of build status, similar to CCTray
Builds are still executed by Team Build, but TfsBuildLab puts a layer on top of Team Build to provide the extra functionality. This looks like a nice interim solution until Team Build 2008 releases early next year.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.