Reinstalled Firefox — What add-ons do you use?

I recently had to reinstall Firefox and was wondering what (other than the add-ons listed below) add-on’s everyone else is using?

I personally use this as my standard add-on image.

image

About Joe Ocampo

My personal philosophy is simple: "Have a good strategy that sets the environment for success through the enablement of the whole. Be agile but with a mind towards pragmatism. Delegate to the best qualified individuals, but don’t be afraid to involve yourself in all parts of a job. Treat everyone with respect, humility, and with a genuine pursuit towards excellence." Respected business and technical leader with expertise in directing organization towards effective results driven outcomes. Proven ability to perform and communicate from both technical and business perspectives. Strong technical and business acumen developed through experience, education and training. Provides the ability to utilize technology, harness business intelligence and execute strategically by optimizing systems, tools and process. Passionate about building people, companies and software by containing cost, maximizing operational throughput and capitalize on revenue. Looks to leverage the strengths of individuals and grow the organization to their maximum potential by harnessing the power of their collective whole and deliver results. Co-Founder of LosTechies.com
This entry was posted in Tools. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post.

13 Responses to Reinstalled Firefox — What add-ons do you use?

1. Well,looks like you’ve got a few more than me. I use:

2. Jimmy Bogard says:

For me, it starts and ends with mouse gestures:

Soooo very addictive. You know how your hands never leave the keyboard with ReSharper? This lets your hand never leave the mouse when surfing.

3. CustomizeGoogle
    DownThemAll
    IE Tab
    IE View Lite
    Scribe Fire – not bad for quick blogging from FF
    Tab Mix Plus – prefer it’s session management to FF’s plus bunches of other features

@ Tom, thanks for the links I will have to check out your toolbox.

@Jimmy, Now you are making me dangerous! I will have to check it out.

@Brian, doh! I can’t believe I forgot that one! Thanks!

5. Steven R says:

If you don’t want to use the mouse when surfing I recommend Hit-A-Hint http://hah.mozdev.org/

6. @Steven – you beat me to it!!
    @Joe – I also use:
    – DownThemAll : http://www.downthemall.net/
    – BlogJetThis

7. Joe says:

All-in-one sidebar
    GButts
    and Selenium

@Steven, JP, and Joe thanks for make Firefox a more pleasurable experience.

9. Murray Thompson says:

A couple others I like are:
    -Venkman JavaScript Debugger
    -Download Statusbar
    -MeasureIt
    -FoxyTunes

10. Steve Owens says:

I really like the tools that allow you to preview a link without actually opening a tab/window for it. The original one I found is CoolIris, http://www.cooliris.com/Site/index.html, but there are one or two more that have surfaced recently. Very well done, easy to use, nice feature set.

They say they are working on an IE7 version, but alas, it’s not here yet.

11. Steve Owens says:

Another one to check out is Tab Mix Plus. I find the feature set handy enough that it’s one of the first things I install on a new FF setup.

OK Everyone I have installed all this add-ons and firefox is now consuming 1 gig of memory!
    Just kidding.

This is great to hear about all the add-ons that I have been missing out on?

A question that I have is: “Is there a diminishing return on the number of Add-ons that you can have running?” It seems like at some point the web experience would start to become impacted at the stake of creature features.”

13. Steve Owens says:

Just so happens, I had to bring up a new FireFox. In the process, I remembered I had forgotten some others that help me.

All-In-One Mouse Gestures – If you use a mouse to browse, install this.

All-In-One Sidebar – If you like the sidebar interface, this is a good one.