- Data Modeling for Scale with Cassandra | Dot Net RSS on Data Modeling for Scale with Cassandra
- Buffer Cache Makes Slow Disks Seem Fast, Till You Need Them. | Dot Net RSS on Buffer Cache Makes Slow Disks Seem Fast, Till You Need Them.
- MBR on Buffer Cache Makes Slow Disks Seem Fast, Till You Need Them.
- rssvihla on Buffer Cache Makes Slow Disks Seem Fast, Till You Need Them.
- ayende on Buffer Cache Makes Slow Disks Seem Fast, Till You Need Them.
- Dynamic Langs
Monthly Archives: August 2009
Problem: You have dependencies which can be in a number of directories outside of the directory your app is running in. DotNet AppDomains are heavy to say the least and very high in ceremony. You do not want to deal … Continue reading
In my 20′s I got exposed to a large variety of work situations and was able to succeed in a variety of technical fields (admin, developer, hardware tech, etc). I had the time back then to not have to choose … Continue reading
What do I mean by “Hero Mode Refactoring”? We’ve all worked with code that wasn’t easily made testable. Most of the time we see a big ball of mud and have no idea where to begin. Sometimes however we have … Continue reading
So I’m certain this will be met with mixed response, because really .Net already has several decent BDD frameworks and many of you will chastise me for adding yet another framework when really BDD has nothing to do with what … Continue reading
So I was trying to get my BDD project SpecMaker working on Mono only to find out my usual IoC container of choice Castle Windsor does not play nice. StructureMap I’ve heard plays nice in Mono, and I know a … Continue reading