I’ve only begun to tap into the power of bash scripting, but I had a need to automate setting up a Rails 3 app on edge, using RVM like I want. So I decided to whip up a very simple script that does the following for the name of app you’re creating:
- Creates a new RVM gemset for the app
- Creates a directory for the app
- Creates an .rvmrc file under the new app directory to ensure the proper gemset is used whenever you switch to it
- Note: This assumes you have REE 1.8.7 installed under rvm (rvm install ree), which is the main ruby I’m still using for everything
- Installs latest prerelease of bundler
- Installs latest edge version of rails 3
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.