I Heart ReSharper!

I’m still surprised by just how many people still aren’t using ReSharper. It’s an amazing productivity adding for Microsoft Visual Studio.  Once you’ve spent the time learning a few keyboard shortcuts you will not go back to naked studio.

There are few things that are more frustrating then jumping on a machine that doesn’t have ReSharper installed, then trying to edit some .cs files.

In an effort to prevent myself from ever having to jump on a pc that’s still missing the glory of ReSharper, I decided to throw together a quick screen cast showcasing some of the features i enjoy.

ReSharper Warm Fuzzies Screen cast

If you haven’t already… please, please give it a try (do it for me). It’s a good addiction!

About Mo Khan

mO, is just a kid who's excited about writing software. He's a student of his profession, and just wants to share his thoughts on software development.
This entry was posted in Tools. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post.

8 Responses to I Heart ReSharper!

1. Joe says:

No sound? Or is it just me?

2. Kris-I says:

ReSharper …. or CodeRush :)

3. DaRage says:

As visual studio being released every 2-3 years, resharper will have a hard time keeping up. they just got up to date with vs 2008 not too long ago and vs 2010 is going to be released in sepetember.

4. bobfox says:

I absolutely prefer CodeRush / Refactor!.
    Do yourself a favor and try out the latest version 9.1 released a few days ago.
    And as DaRage already stated: JetBrains is always late. They needed ages to come up with a version for VS 2005, then they failed again for VS 2008.
    At the same time I have always been able to use the newest CodeRush stuff even in the VS Betas.

5. remi bourgarel says:

I installed ReSharper a few weeks ago and i uninstalled it after 3-4 days : to complicated to setup (i didn’t find where i can change the c# version …) and it slows down my machine.
    The refactor is enough for me (rename / find all references / go to definition).
    Sorry :)

6. joey says:

hey mo, what is your shell enviornment?

7. joey says:

also, you should use keyboard jedi so we know what keyboard shortcuts you are using.

8. Dale says:

I got through three minutes of the screencast before I gave up. There are much faster ways of communicating information than TYPING and when nothing has been shown within a few minutes, people tend to stop there.

Did you know Visual Studio can natively rename stuff?