I want to thank all people who attended my presentation about CQRS and Event Sourcing at the ADNUG meeting on July 9, 2012. It was a great experience for me and I was pleased about the many questions you had. The slides and the sample code are now available on GitHub. For more information about CQRS and ES please consult the following section.
Training resources regarding CQRS and ES
At our company we use CQRS and ES. For the newer products fully implemented in this new architecture we do not use any database but just the file system as data store. This new way of developing requires a significant and somewhat radical mind shift. What used to be best-practice in the traditional way of coding does not apply any more. Things are solved differently.
DDD: Domain Driven Design
CQRS: Command Query Responsibility Segregation
ES: Event Sourcing
- Good site about DDD/CQRS/ES: http://domaindrivendesign.org/cqrs
- DDD sample of event sourcing in C# (accompanies Vaughn’s new book on IDDD): http://lokad.github.com/lokad-iddd-sample/
- DDD/CQRS Community around the world: http://cqrsguide.com/world
- Case studies of CQRS/DDD projects: http://cqrsguide.com/case-studies
- 6-hour video about CQRS by Greg Young: http://www.viddler.com/v/dc528842
- Video about DDD/CQRS by Greg Young: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXqrBySgX-s
- Search for other videos by Greg Young, e.g. on Sills Matter
Videos of Greg Young, Udi Dahan, Eric Evans, et. al.: http://skillsmatter.com/event/design-architecture/ddd-exchange-2011
People and Blogs
Important people to follow
- Greg Young, http://codebetter.com/gregyoung/,he coined the term CQRS
- Rinat Abdullin, http://abdullin.com/,we use a customized version of his “framework” (Lokad.CQRS – http://lokad.github.com/lokad-cqrs/)
- Jonathan Oliver, http://blog.jonathanoliver.com/
- Udi Dahan, http://www.udidahan.com/?blog=true
Important discussions about and around DDD, CQRS and Event Sourcing happen in this Google group: http://groups.google.com/group/dddcqrs?pli=1
Most of the people having some relevance in this area are present on this group and answering questions.