Continuing the theme of my most recent posts, I’ve decided to start a series on Automated Testing. I’ll be pulling from lessons learned on all of the crazy things that I’ve been involved with over the last year.
It’s a known fact that preemptively writing a table of contents means that you will never get around to finishing a series. Don’t worry, I’ve already written and scheduled each post.
Table of Contents
- Rapid feedback cycle (Jeremy covered this one)
- System state
- Collapsing your application into a single process
- Defining test inputs
- Standardizing your UI mechanics
- Separating test expression from screen drivers
- Modeling steps for reuse
- Providing contextual information about failures
- Dealing with AJAX
- Utilizing White-box testing for cheaper tests