To learn more about the Package read these blog posts:
Some interesting stats for the project. It has gotten a bunch of attention on the interwebs. The package has over 2,500 downloads, we have had 20 pull request(contributions) from github users. I am excited to see a number of active developers using the package from around the world. I would also like to thank the Codebetter Teamcity team for updating to the latest version of the build server, so I can add the build status icon directly to the readme page, which makes it easier for anyone using our trunk builds.
Here is the updated readme from the site https://github.com/erichexter/twitter.bootstrap.mvc:
See the overview blog post for screen shots and features. This is a User Interface project that does not require a specific data access or architecture for you MVC applications. The author has some opinions but those are kept in another project that builds on top of this UI package.
- JS and CSS bundling/minification of Twitter Bootstrap files the MVC4 way
- Razor Layout templates using Twitter Bootstrap markup.
- Menus using Navigation Routes, including submenus and hiding menus by context(logged in vs anonymous)
- Runtime Scaffolding – default Index, Edit and Detail views.. You provide the POCOs and we will render the CRUDviews.
- Post Redirect Getsupport using the Bootstrap Alert styles.
- A Sample to show how to use all of this stuff
Things we are working on:
- MVC code templates to generate new views from the mvc add view / add controller dialogs
- Strongly typed Html Helpers to render bootstrap concepts like icons
To view a working sample, install the twitter.bootstrap.mvc4.sample.
> Install-Package twitter.bootstrap.mvc4 > Install-Package twitter.bootstrap.mvc4.sample > Install-Package twitter.bootstrap.mvc4.templates //for MVC Code Templates..(still a work in progress)
Preview Releases: The preview releases are on this nuget feed (http://www.myget.org/F/erichexter/)
Brought to you by Eric Hexter
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.